Your Belongings and Water Damage
When you're unsure of what to do after water damage, your first step should always be calling a trusted restoration company in your area to assist you immediately. Our team at SERVPRO is here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, but what should you do while you wait for our emergency disaster team?
Caring for Your Items
Your first step should be making sure the area is safe to enter. If the affected area is hazardous or dangerous, wait for emergency services to arrive. If your property is deemed safe, assess the affected area and take small action steps to start the cleanup process. Here are a few steps you can take:
- Begin moving what you can to a dry and safe area.
- Open windows and turn on fans to start circulating air flow.
- Turn off water supply and electricity, if possible.
When Emergency Help Arrives
When our team of certified restoration specialists arrive to your property, we will immediately begin the restoration process not only on your home or business, but also all of your personal belongings. Our team is trained in contents restoration and cleanup. We will take your damaged items and use OSHA-approved cleaning practices to revive your personal belongings. Our team has experience in restoring furniture, decor and electronics. We're here to help with your personal items, too!
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today – (828) 349-0707
SERVPRO of Nantahala specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Nantahala can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Nantahala can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most