Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
All it takes for mold to begin to grow in your home or business is a small water leak. In some cases, excess humidity can cause a mold infestation to form in your home or business. Once formed, mold can quickly spread throughout your Franklin, NC, property. Not only can mold be very harmful to you and the people on your residential or commercial property, but mold can also cause significant damage to your property. Our SERVPRO of Nantahala has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle any size mold infestation you might experience.
Check out our mold damage tips down below.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (828) 349-0707
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Nantahala for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Nantahala has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities: